June blogging successes…
So I thought I’d start of by sharing my goals and successes from June. This was my first month of being self-hosted and I honestly can’t believe how much difference it’s made to my motivation! If you’re debating going self-hosted, read about my experience – I’d definitely recommend you take the plunge!
So at the beginning of June I set myself some goals over on Twitter that I hoped to achieve by the end of the month. I’ve decided I’m now going to put these into blog posts each month instead.
June’s goals were:
- 250 Twitter followers
- 1000 Instagram followers
- write 5 blog posts
- get 350 views on my blog (my previous highest ever was 310)
Did I smash my goals?
YES! I’m so proud to be able to say that I have smashed every single one. I know have 474 Twitter followers and 1,142 Instagram followers (although don’t get me started on the whole follow-unfollow thing over there!).
I also wrote double the amount of blog posts and actually including this post today will have posted 11 times in June! Before going self-hosted I often struggled to find the motivation to write often and struggled thinking of ideas. I felt like I had to make my posts over-the-top amazing. Once my site was my own I let go of being perfect a little bit and stopped comparing myself so much to other bloggers and just wrote what I wanted and it seems to have gone down pretty well.
And lastly – blog views. Well, at the time of writing this post on 30th June I have had 1,170 blog views for this month!!! I am in shock and feel so proud and grateful for everyone that goes and checks my blog out. Honestly, I appreciate every view, comment and like! It means the world that people read my stuff and actually seem to enjoy it!
I’m also quite proud that my DA has increased by 2 points. It’s still really low, but it’s only the last few weeks that I’ve been using Yoast to track SEO etc and looking into how I can increase my DA. I’ve also read that as my site is in such early days that has an impact too. I’m excited to see if I can increase my DA any more in July.
So with that success, it’s time to set myself some July goals!
- Comment on more blogs – I love reading other people’s blogs but I feel like I don’t leave actual comments often enough. Whether it’s because I read then get distracted by the toddler or just click off the post without thinking I don’t know. But I love how supportive the blogging community is and so I want to share the love too. Hit me up on Twitter or leave your links below if you’ve got any posts you want me to read, I’d love to check them out!
- 600 Twitter followers – Twitter is my favourite at the moment, the blogging community on there is just incredible!
- 1250 Instagram followers – a tough one thanks to the algorithm and the constant follow/unfollow games people seem to be playing, but I’m going to give it a go!
- 75 Facebook page likes – I don’t put much into my blog’s Facebook page to be honest. I usually just share my posts and Instagram photos there but I’d like to try and gets bit more of a following over there if I can (I currently have around 50 likes)
- 1500 blog views
- To write at least 10 blog posts again – I ran a Twitter poll earlier this week to see if people liked the idea of a weekly ‘series’. The vote suggested a ‘Tantrums of the week’ post so I’m going to give that a go this month. I’m not sure how it will go, but I have another plan if this doesn’t work out!
- I’d also like to grow mine and Rachael’s #fivethingslinky even more this month. I loved the response last month so hopefully we get even more people joining us this month. If you’d like to join, have a read of how here! And check out mine and Rachael’s posts from last month for some inspiration!
Do you guys set yourself monthly goals? I’d love to hear how you reach them, and any success stories from June!